By Brandon Pemberton
Catch me on Twitter @BrandonOnSports
The Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys face off tonight on Sunday Night Football on NBC, a game that could pretty much end the Eagles season and place the Cowboys on top of the division. On Friday night, I did a Eagles versus Cowboys preview radio show on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bashir/2011/10/29/philadelphia-eagles-vs-dallas-cowboys-pre-game-show with a special co-host, Byron Moten, who is a fellow sports radio talk host from Dallas, Texas. Byron and I broke down both teams and gave our predictions during the show.
I won’t go fully into breaking both teams down as I did during the show, If you would like to hear that just click on the link above. Nut I will list three keys for both teams if they want to win and give my prediction:
Eagles keys to victory
1. Win the turnover battle. If the Eagles take care of the ball, they will be in a great position to win this game.
2. A big dose of Shady. Shady McCoy is clearly one of the top 5 backs in the league and as he goes, the Eagles go.
3. Stop the run and force Romo and the Cowboys into 2nd and 3rd and longs, which plays right into the Eagles strength, getting to the QB.
Cowboys keys to victory
1. Gash the Eagles with the run. Demarco Murray had a career game last week, and I expect the Cowboys to test the middle of the Eagles defense.
2. Pressure Vick and get plenty of hits on him. The Eagles O-line has played better lately, but Ware and Spencer could be gamechangers tonight if the Eagles don’t protect Vick.
3. Take advantage of their weapons: Bryant, Austin, and Witten. These three guys are deadly and it’s hard to stop the three of them at the same time.
My prediction: This game will make or break the Eagles season, if they lose tonight , they can pretty much chalk up making the playoffs. I really don’t know what to expect from this team after watching them this season so far, but tonight is the ultimate test. The Cowboys win this game and they are 4-3 and heading in the right direction as a team. This game is going to be close, Eagles are a three point favorite at home. Cowboys 24 Eagles 23
1. I like the Vikings(+3) on the road at the Panthers. I see a big game on the ground by Adrian Peterson today.
2. I like the Lions(-3) as a road favorite against the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow.
3. I’m taking the Steelers(+3) as a home dog against the Patriots
4. And finally, I like the Kansas City Chiefs(+3) to win the game outright over the Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.
Get the picks in http://www.sportsbook.com