Uptown Aluminum Bat Locks for todays(10-31-10) NFL Action
1. I like the Miami Dolphins to win outright on the road against the Bengals
2. I like the Steelers(+1 1/2) to win on the road against the New Orleans Saints
3. And finally I like the Kansas City Chiefs(-7) over the Buffalo Bills at home
Have a safe and blessed day watching football
Here’s my Stone Cold Uptown Aluminum Bat locks for today college football games:
1. I like Auburn(-7) as a road favorite over Ole Miss today…..
2.I like Texas(-7 1/2) to cover this number and some at home against Baylor today
3.and finally I like the Nebraska Cornhuskers(-7 1/2) to blow the doors of Missouri coming off of a big win against the Sooners.
Have a good day people……and a safe weekend.
The Baltimore Ravens(+2 1/2) go into New England as a road dog and I expect them to win the game OUTRIGHT!!!!!
Colt McCoy is getting his first NFL start today against the Steelers(-14) on the road: DISASTER!!!!!!! take the Steelers to cover the points and roll over the Browns.
Today in Philly the Birds take on the Falcons……the over-under is set at 42 1/2……….I take the over in this game…..and the Falcons will win this game today OUTRIGHT!!!!!!!!
Aluminum Bat Locks for today’s college football action: I like North Carolina(-6 1/2) as a road favorite at the Virginia Cavaliers. I like the Nebraska Cornhuskers(-10) as a outright winner today against the overrated Texas Longhorns. Nebraska has one of the best defenses in the country.
And finally I like the Iowa Hawkeyes(-3) as a road favorite at the big house against the Michigan Wolverines. The Hawkeyes feature a few future pros on there defense and they should be too much for Michigan to handle offensively.
Stone Cold Aluminum Bat Locks for Today’s NFL Action: I like the Bengals(-6 1/2) at home over the Bucs. I like the Packers (-2 1/2) to win outright today on the road against the Redskins. And I like the Buffalo Bills(-2) to get their first win of the season today at home against the Jaguars. Let’s see if I can reboiund from a 1-2 record last week. And for a bonus….Cole Hamels will go 7 innings 5 hits 8 K’s 1 BB and they win 6-3 to sweep the series. Have a great sports day people!!!
Aluminum Bat Locks for the late games!!!!!(10-9-10)
I like Alabama(-7) as a road favorite to win and cover the spread against South Carolina. I also like the Washington Huskies as a pick em to win OUTRIGHT!!!! against Arizona St……and finally Stanford(-10) won’t cover the spread, but they will beat USC at home tonight. Good day my friends. By the way I am 8-1 in my picks over the last 3 weeks……
If the Eagles are to defeat the Washington Redskins today there a few things they will need to do if they plan on winning.
1. Protect the Quarterback: Over the last two weeks the Eagles faced some bad, vanilla defenses and QB Mike Vick still was sacked 8 times. Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has blitzed at a 80% clip in the Redskins first 3 games. Best Believe that LB’s Brian Orapko and Andre Carter will be coming full tilt after Vick all game long. The weakness of the Eagles offensive line is the middle and here’s a wildcard, If DT Albert Haynesworth comes to play today he could makes things real difficult for the Eagles offense.
2. Give McCoy the ball a little more: RB LeSean McCoy has is averaging 6.1 yards a carry and has 4 TD’s through the first 3 games, but he has carried the ball only 34 times. This is the best defense the Eagles will have faced this season and a balanced offense will help out Vick a bunch. You don’t want to get one dimensional against a good defense like this.
3. Maclin and Jackson have to show up: Redskins cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Carlos Rogers are one of the best tendems in the league. They play a physical, up in your face brand of ball that can expose the lack of size and toughness of the Birds starting duo. They have to beat press coverage, get open quickly and be prepared to take some big shots from Safety Laron Landry. He is a concussion waiting to happen back there.
4. Stop the run: The Redskins running game has been virtually a mirage and it needs to stay that way. Redskins RB Clinton Portis is a shell of himself and look to see Ryan Torain to see some time today.
5. Get Pressure on McNabb early and often: McNabb isn’t the fleet footed player that he used to be and we all know he’s inaccurate under pressure. The Redskins are last in the league in 3rd down conversions and the Birds could put this game out of reach early if they rattle McNabb’s cage and force some bad throws.
6. Win the special teams and turnover battle: Vick hasn’t turned the ball over yet in ten quarters of football and if he continues that trend, the Eagles will win this game. The Eagles defense needs to force McNabb into mistakes today. He doesn’t take too many risks, but he will overthrow some passes and look for Asante Samuel to jump a route for a pick 6 today. We need a perfect day from the kick coverage units and no fumbles of muffed kicks.
My Prediction: Eagles win 23-14